& the slipper still fits

SPRING! REWATCH

Pride and Prejudice 1995
We are going to forget that its snowing/sleeting outside, dear reader. We are. I'm valiantly trying, I can assure you. We are going to forget that we still have a week in February. We are going to fail to remember that spring isn't official until March 20th. That groundhog in Pennsylvania said spring was going to be early, and we are going to listen to him.

With that in mind, I did something this last weekend I've been waiting to do for a good three months (and will most likely do again since it did snow today). I rewatched Pride and Prejudice. You know, the eight hour one...that one with Colin Firth...that one that was my first introduction to costume drama. And its kicked off a firestorm of rewatching for me.

I'm not sure why, but spring is where my traditions are. I wait with breathless anticipation to spring clean, to wear flip flops too early, to smell air that isn't crip with cold. In other words, it isn't spring unless I've spring cleaned every nook and cranny of my room, reorganized my books, and watched the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice. And once that music starts, I'm lost in that Austen world all over again for its full duration.

Part of me unwaveringly believes I watch it every spring, because it was spring the first time I watched the mini-series (over two weeks, the hour before school, on A&E Classroom), the other part tells me it is due to Pride and Prejudice's spring setting and the beautiful film making of this BBC classic. Either way, my system and my pysche couldn't take it anymore, and this last weekend was my unofficial beginning of spring.

And with the unofficial beginning of spring comes my rewatching bonanza. It will start with Pride and Prejudice and quickly spiral into rewatching every mini-series I own, including two version of Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, and two more Pride and Prejudices. But this blog post is not about my envitable BBC binging, this blog post is simply that, for me, despite the snow, it now feels like spring and my favorite spring tradition is underway: the rewatch. Yay!