& the slipper still fits

#4 Thing to get you Spring-cited


In the last week, dear reader, I've seen TONS of photos from the upcoming movies "Mirror Mirror", "The Raven" and dundundun ... "Dark Shadows".

I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

I shouldn't be. It's been a fickle year for good films and these movies have some pretty big hype around them, so my expectations should be lower than they are. But, COME ON ITS DARK SHADOWS. Only Johnny Depp could get this movie made and I will thank him forever for the attempt.You see, I remember when I was younger and the original Dark Shadows played on the Sci Fi channel (yeah, BEFORE it was SyFy...when it was normal and campy and didn't try to be cooler than itself. Okay, I'm done being bitter), about a year after I discovered Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre. It was costume drama with ghosts, and vampires, and zombies, and horrible B movie acting that I just eat up like grandma's favorite leftovers. I know this is a little melodramatic, but a part of me felt lost when they just stopped airing the classic series. So bring it Tim Burton, I want to see your best with this classic soap opera.

The Raven is a heavily edited bio-pic about Edgar Allen Poe, which seems to be walking the fine line between Wolfman subdued and Sweeny Todd enthusiastic with a serious dash of Castle plot-line tossed in. Still, you have to admit, it looks really cool and the acting seems strong.





And Mirror Mirror. Oh Mirror, why are you doing this to me? The summer we'll be welcoming 2 Snow White adaptations into our theaters, both looking questionable, but both with fantastic evil queens. I just can't decide if I'm excited, simply interested, or just having anticipated Once Upon A Time withdrawal (you know the Beauty and the Beast episode it tomorrow, right?). Whatever driving reason I can't determine, I am also interested in seeing what Lilly Collins can do in this color-tacular movie. That's right, I'm sizing up our Clary Fey for the Mortal Instruments series. Don't worry friends, locals,...mom....I won't make you sit through rusty Heather comments during this movie. I'll see it by my lonesome. It might be better that way.     

And in case these 3 films didn't get you excited for the spring movie rush, here's a few more I'll be lining up to see in 2012: W.E., John Carter, Wrath of the Titans, Avengers, Hysteria, Snow White and the Huntsman, Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Brave, Les Miserables, The Hobbit, The Great Gastby